Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Greasy, dirty, dirty days...

Today has been one of those days that doesn't turn out quite the way it should. I was planning on getting a huge amount of things done and I only managed to do two of those things. One and a half.

Half-way through the day I realised that there is no point in even trying to keep the appearances up on a day like this and so I decided to put my hair in a bun at the top of my head and then I pulled on everything that is comfy and therefore also gross. So todays outfit is a pair of white jogging bottoms (a gift from Steve's mom at some point), a mismatching t-shirt and knee-socks on top of this (because my shins were cold). No make-up, no smiles, just a stern face while facing the growing mountain of dishes that needed to be cleaned. (And they got cleaned too!)

I also managed to get an e-mail sent off. And I started this blog, which is an achievement of some sort I suppose.  Tomorrow I'm getting up at eight to turn the washing machine on and this is followed by a hectic day. So hectic that I dare say no blogging will occur. I need to take a trip to Lurgan and in the evening I'm having a group of people over for drinks before we go on. Hence the early laundry-washing, I have absolutely nothing to wear. I also have a nearly-spontaneous trip planned to Derry/Londonderry on Friday to visit one of my friends there. Derry is at the opposite end of Northern Ireland, the opposite end of the country one might say! This still only means it takes about 90 minutes to get there by bus. NI is tiny, one might also say. More about this place and how small it really is on Thursday I suppose.

Time to sleep. Goodnight devoted readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment