Friday, 10 February 2012

About having the perfect morning and happiness

Do you ever wake up and have a perfect morning? Mornings when there is no stress and yet you manage to get everything and more done before leaving for work or school. I had that type of wonderful morning today and it made me realise what a big difference it does for the rest of the day. Although I am quite lucky, there is no point in denying it. I start around 11am most days, which means that the earliest I have to get up is around 9am. A 9am start to the day couldn't suit me better. So this morning I got makeup and hair done, made breakfast (a fried egg and button mushrooms with two pieces of crispbread with ham and tomatoe on - yum, I could never give up breakfast) and ate it in peace and quiet, put our piece of pork shoulder in the slow-cooker (it'll be done around 6pm) and then I managed to squeeze in five minutes of hugging a sleeping Steve and I got the dishes and the bed made before leaving. The last part is more than an achievement, it's a miracle.

And I am willing to give this morning all the credit for my mood being so good today. Even though our second lecture today was unbelievably boring, I am still in a great mood. In a few of our lectures last year we discussed happiness and the fact is that some people are just happier than others. That doesn't mean that their lives are better than ours in any way, they just happen to be happier people than the rest of us. That's okay. It's okay to not be happy all the time as well and this makes me feel so much better about myself. I live with one of those happy people - he is never in a bad mood and he is always content with what he has. If something bad happens to him he gets a wrinkle in his forehead and a little sigh escapes him, but he would never complain. I will always admire that quality... But my point is that if I never had a bad day I wouldn't appreciate days like these as much as I do.

My happy list of things to do today:
1. Watch an episode of Mad Men.
2. Write a list of all the TV-shows I am currently watching.
3. Search for a recipe that would go with slow-cooked pulled pork shoulder.
4. Finish the laundry (we only just managed to fix our washing machine - clean clothes, hurray!)
5. Look at clothes online.

No comments:

Post a Comment