Thursday, 23 February 2012

About ironing (yes, really)

Steve had to iron his clothes today. (I couldn't be bothered ironing his clothes on top of all of mine, but I don't want him to look like he's homeless. So I forced him to do it.) After a substantial amount of time I noticed that he was only halfway through the smallest pile of clothes possible. When I asked him how he could be so slow he replied:

"It takes a long time to first iron the outside of the clothes, and then turn them inside-out and iron the inside."

Ironing the inside of the clothes? Surely no one irons the inside of their clothes? This was originally a post dedicated to making fun of Steve and his crazy ways, but now I'm uncertain. Am I the only one in the world who thinks ironing the inside of their clothes is the most stupid and unnecessary thing ever heard of?

P.S. I'm not saying that everyone has to iron their clothes, but we really do. I think it's because we're so scruffy-looking in general, we have to iron our clothes to look presentable. 

P.P.S. The essay has been started, sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment