Wednesday, 8 February 2012

About my exam marks and dinner

As I haven't actually written anything about my life for one or two days, I felt like this blog was due a my-not-very-interesting-life-update. University is fine, as usual. I received my marks for last term yesterday! At a first glance I felt a little bit disappointed, I was basically one % away from receiving the mark I really wanted and so I sulked for the first fifteen minutes or so. But the more I thought about it, the more pleased I was with myself. I do realise that I am a bit crazy and I always put myself down instead of actually congratulating myself with doing my best. And the upside is that although studying in English can be a challenge, it makes me feel so much better about myself when I do well! The thought that I am continuously noticeably improving is also very uplifting. Perhaps even writing in this blog will improve my essay writing?

I made a promise to myself, I'm going to try to take more pictures of what's happening around me so that I can make this blog a little bit more colourful to read. It just makes the blog more visually appealing and although a part of me dislike reading blogs that put all focus on pictures rather than the writing, even I know that essay-long texts about my life is not what everyone would prefer. This is not becoming a food blog, because I cannot cook, but at this moment food is the most exciting thing happening around here. With this explanation over, I present mine and Steve's dinner for tonight. This is homemade french fries (or 'chips' as Steve calls it) with burgers topped with grilled mushrooms, onions and cheese. In the corner of the picture you can see our remote, this was not part of our dinner. I was just too lazy (and hungry) to set up the scene properly before taking the picture. This dinner is also completely free according to the rules of Slimming World as long as the small amount of cheese is used as your healthy dairy product of the day. For anyone else who happens to be on this diet I would recommend visiting Slimming Eats, a great blogger who posts almost daily with tasty food and recipe suggestions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment