Thursday, 16 February 2012

Update: Valentine's Day and my week

Firstly I would like to apologise for the blogging-pause that occurred because of university work and other important matters that crept up and occupied me for a while.

On Sunday me and Steve visited his parents out on the countryside to have a lovely dinner as well as raid their freezer on chicken breasts, salmon and noodles. On Monday I came home from university and expected to have a nice and quiet evening with my books (and perhaps blogs) but instead I met Steve and a couple of our friends. They had convinced Steve to go out for the night and somehow they convinced me too. We went to the Bot (actually called The Botanic Inn) and later to Filthy McNasty's (which I've written about here). It was a long night and I didn't get to bed until after 3am.

Tuesday was spent cleaning, after I had surprised Steve with his Valentine's Day gifts. I didn't get him anything fancy, just a nice checkered going-out shirt and a few essentials. He, on the other hand, got me the biggest bouquet of flowers that I have ever received. It is huge! It's so big that I don't even have a vase to fit it. I had to take sweets out of a big jar and hopefully that'll do until I get a vase. In the evening we had Chinese take-away and then we went to the cinema in Lisburn to see The Muppets, which we both enjoyed. All in all, it was a very nice and cozy Valentine's day and I couldn't have asked for more.

Yesterday was RAG day and I have no idea what that means or why we have it, but I do know that thanks to it we're off university that day. So my free day was spent lazying about (and to be fair, doing some more cleaning) until in the evening when two of my classmates dropped by. We watched Milk, which we are doing a social psychological analysis on in a few weeks, and had a couple of beers. Then I got into long and deep discussions with my friend and suddenly it was 4am and I had to go to bed. Not surprisingly, I'm very sleepy today but I still managed to go to an extra pointless class, attend a meeting as well as do some studying when I got home. And now I must watch some TV before preparing dinner. The life of a university student is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment