Sunday, 18 March 2012

About this week's album

Only came home from the countryside about an hour ago and haven't quite recovered from yesterday yet. So I'm leaving you with this:

Nas - Illmatic
This week's album. Apparently this is one of the greatest rap albums of all time, however, I didn't get it. Maybe it's because I'm not too fussed on rap in general (for me to appreciate rap it has to be Beastie Boys or something similar) and it could be because I haven't listened to enough rap. I just don't have the ear to appreciate good rap lyrics or "bitchin' beats". In my opinion the best songs were Memory Lane and The World Is Yours. Overall, not an album for me (too hardcore) but people who love rap say it's "best rap album in history" (Steve). My brother also listened to it during the week and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Next week's album is Beck - Odelay.

No comments:

Post a Comment