Saturday, 17 March 2012

Project cookies

Yesterday I spent most of the day at my hairdresser's in city centre (it takes like three hours to get my hair done) and while I was there I went into Paperchase to get birthday cards as well as a few small bits and bobs for Steve's niece as her 9th birthday is coming up. And I couldn't help myself, I had to have this little notepad. (There is absolutely no reason for buying this other than that it's so very very cute.)

The papers are dotty inside!

I also started weekend project 2: the American cookies. Recipe found from here. The batch gives 15 cookies, I made half a batch yesterday and saved the other half of the dough to make a batch today (to give to Steve's sister as a 'sorry for not buying you a real gift'-gift. They turned out really good! Proper American-style cookies. I'm so pleased considering that this is the first time I've ever done cookies and that I'm generally a catastrophe in the kitchen. The first seven that I made disappeared within an evening. Next step is to buy raspberries and try a version of white chocolate and raspberry cookies. 


Tonight I'm going down to the countryside and then we're going out to celebrate two of our friends' birthdays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment