Saturday, 28 April 2012

About fall


My mom took a picture of the spring in Sweden right now. I'm just assuming she doesn't mind me posting it here.

Fall is my favourite season of the year. I know it's probably nothing short of a crime to say so, in particular when it's spring and really, all you should do is enjoy the fact that the sun is out (most of the time) but I keep finding perfect fall clothes and thinking of perfect things to do when it's fall. I love fall because..

Belfast is at its prettiest with red leaves everywhere.     School has just started again and everyone is full of motivation.     It's okay to dress in full-skirts and cardigans and maroon tights.     When it rains, it's just cozy.     Lots of new TV series start.     The student loan just arrived safely to your account.     Chestnuts fall from the trees.     Fall is the best time for reading.     When fall is over, it's Christmas.     Darkness outside means you have to light candles inside.     Apple pie and hot chocolate is extra-awesome.

There's about a million other reasons, but these are the main ones. I'm quite emotional, and I experience a lot of highs and lows during the year connected to the weather. My absolute most dreaded months are January and February, when life is filled with nothing but exams and coldness without coziness. There's no Christmas to look forward to, instead all you can do is wait for spring and in the meantime decorate your homes in pastel colours. March used to be the third depressing month but fortunately spring comes to Northern Ireland a little sooner than it does in Sweden. The fact that winter is slightly shorter here is so important to me that I'm willing to get over the fact that Northern Ireland doesn't really have a summer, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment