Thursday, 5 April 2012

Ten great reasons to smile 2.0



Sitting home alone with everyone else at their parents' houses and with nothing planned but studying, it's easy to get a little bit moody. I thought I'd prevent that with a ten-reasons-to-smile-list.

One - It's not warm outside but it is sunny. So as long as you're indoors you can pretend that the weather is amazing.

Two - Although I have a lot of work to do, it's moving forward according to plan. (And it makes me feel good about myself.)

Three - I managed to get up earlier than expected this morning (i.e. before 11am) because the fire alarm went off at 8am. It goes off all the time, and although we do wish whoever sets it off a slow and painful death, we've gotten used to it. If you wonder why it made me get up and not Steve, the answer is simple: He sleeps through it. No kidding, I know for a fact that he's not even pretending.*

Four - At this time of the day two months from tomorrow I'll be sitting on a plane to Sweden. Cue lots of "woohoos"!

Five - I made cookies with Mars bars and Reese's Peanutbutter cups and they turned out delicious. Now I'm banned from making more cookies because the diet is seriously suffering from it. (The cookies above are ones that I made with Steve's nieces last summer.)

Six - I'm almost done with the third season of Mad Men and it is sooo good. I'm obviously only allowed to watch an episode or two in the evenings whenever I'm done with studying but I may have caught up with the newest episodes by the end of my Easter holidays.

Seven - I'm planning to make my first pasta bake according to a Slimming World recipe that I found. Exciting.

Eight - Reading on HelloGiggles' website makes me happy because there are so many clever and funny women out there that finally have an honest chance to show their brilliance.

Nine - I'm planning on making a skirt next week. Because I know exactly what I want but I can't afford paying £30 for it. Duh. (This will have to cut in on my Mad Men-watching time.)

Ten - Steve says that there's no particular type of Easter-food in Britan (other than hot cross buns and chocolate) so I may try and rustle up a mini Swedish-Easter-feast for the two of us this weekend. Go go meatballs, cocktail sausages and eggs!**

*I have to wake Steve up in the morning because when his alarm goes off he may get as far as picking the phone up... but then he just lies there. Fast asleep. With the alarm still ringing and most likely destroying his ear drums.
**Is it worrying that three out of ten reasons for me to smile are directly related to food?!

No comments:

Post a Comment