Thursday, 31 May 2012

Running again?


I walked almost ten kilometers yesterday (nearly six English miles). Today the muscles in my lower body are certainly paying for it. I imagine it's a message to my brain; I should probably start running again, like I did last summer. It was hard work, but by the end of the summer I could actually run five kilometers. What an improvement from running less than one kilometer! But the thought of running in Belfast is oh so difficult. I really can't stand it. Running should be carried out somewhere where you don't have to worry about traffic or people getting in the way, and unfortunately Belfast has loads of both. Enjoy the images above of my sweaty face having finished my first race at the end of last summer.

Yesterday I went to the dentist for the first time in three years and it went very well. Apparently my teeth are in great shape and I should continue just the way I have been so far. High-five! I did get a clean though with a tiny spinning machine thing and it hurt. Like hell. But I guess that's just me being whiny.

Belfast is rainy again, and it's oddly refreshing. As much as I love sunshine (and I'm glad to see freckles appearing on my face again, I spend the rest of the year thinking I look sickly without them), Belfast combines it with humidity which means frizzy hair and clothes stuck to your body in the most uncomfortable way. I'm hoping to get some normal, dry sunshine when I go to Sweden. The countdown for going to Sweden has begun, six days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment