Monday, 11 June 2012

Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls

(Last scheduled post for this holiday.)

So I know that my weekly music posts suddenly disappeared and I miss them too, I do. Unfortunately, with exams I just got too busy and it's not that it's time consuming to listen to music. But when following a set list of music and you have to discuss and decide on an album with your brother... It requires a certain degree of planning.

So now I just listen to whatever, which is good because I'm not limited to just music from the 90s.

Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls
This is not your typical rock/indie album, this is something else. I had to actually google them to find out what genre they identify with and the list is as follows: southern rock, soul, Americana, blues rock and garage rock. I don't know what half of those genres even mean, but I do like these. There's a hint of The White Stripes in them, if that helps. What I'm getting at is that this music is so soothing and yet gripping. People may need to be in a certain mood to listen to them (I'm like that with a lot of music), but to me it's the kind of music that conjure up an image of ice cold drinks on a hot summer. My favourites are Rise to the Sun and Boys & Girls, although there's not a single bad song on the album.

As of this moment I should be enjoying breakfast in my mom's kitchen. Two days until I go back home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment