Saturday, 1 September 2012

August

I want this print from Miss Capricho.

In August I started working at my new job. I now get up at quarter to seven each morning, I wear pencil skirts and blouses almost everyday and I make salads with pasta or tuna that I put in small containers for easy lunch at work. During my morning break I have a cup of coffee (almost every day), I take turns going on lunch early and I scribble all my customers' names on a notepad so that I can remember them later. All in all, I love all these new routines.

In August I got my first pay for a very long time. The first thing I did was to buy foundation, concealer and mascara, and today I felt so good about myself when I realised that my face wasn't shiny with grease by the end of the work day. What am I doing with the rest of the money? Planning. I look at things online, consider buying them, and then I leave the website. Planning is almost better than buying. 

In August my mom visited for five whole days. I kept her company while she shopped for eight hours straight and as a reward she got me a white dress. Two of the days she made me and Steve dinner so that when we came home from work there was food ready for the table. Even the day that she left for the airport I came home to find dinner, ready to be heated up even though she wasn't there. One of the days she went on a Belfast tour and spent the entire evening telling us facts about Belfast that we already knew.

In August I cut my hair so that it only reaches my collarbones, which feels like a pretty big step from having hair that covered almost all of my back. I realised the other night that I miss my long hair, but I don't regret cutting it at all. It feels so much healthier, and washing my hair is still a novelty. The new plan is to let it grow a little longer (but not quite as long as before) as slowly as possible, keeping it nice and healthy. 

In August I moved out of my beloved flat in Belfast and me and Steve are temporarily living with his parents. It was not what I had planned, but I don't want to rush into a home that isn't right for us. I don't like having all of my things packed into boxes, but I do like not having to worry about heating or TV bills. And new things are on the horizon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment