Sunday, 28 October 2012

Halloween


Halloween is over for me for this year as I can't go out on Wednesday (although I might try to whip up something with pumpkins in it to make the evening a little more festive) and although I love Halloween, I can't help but breathe a sigh of relief. Somehow I managed to imply that I was a creative sewing/painting goddess a week beforehand and as such I couldn't say no to helping Steve creating his obscure Star Wars costume. That is, create a Darth Nihilus mask from scratch and sew a hood and cape that was then fastened on to a black robe. It was fun, but stressful and left me with about 90 minutes to organise my own costume, the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. Luckily I had bought the hat online and all I had to do was spray my hair orange, fashion a bow and a card which says 10/6 (the card was lost in the taxi on my way to the Halloween party - I imagine the taxi driver will not figure out the meaning of that card in the first place). The party itself ended late and today has been spent nursing a sore body after last night's antics. Good thing Halloween only comes around once a year.

I have a busy reading week to look forward to, but also hopefully some good news to announce tomorrow that I've been dying to write about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment