Monday, 29 October 2012

Super exciting news



Hey, see that house? Guess who that house belongs to. Me. Not joking.

Well actually, technically it belongs to Steve because he's the guy with the money but he's nice and he's going to let me live in it as long as I pay half of the mortgage. And technically it doesn't belong to him yet because first a solicitor has to look at it and then he has to talk to the bank and it's going to take an eternity (or four to six weeks) before we can actually sign a contract and then move in. BUT, we have our mortgage approved and our offer has been accepted. This has been in the works for a looong time, people. Since August, actually. When I bid on a sweater on Ebay I live in constant fear of getting outbid and losing that sweater. So you can imagine what a wreck I've been waiting for this house! And I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to get my hopes up and then not get the house. Sorry about that all you Swedes (and anyone else) who reads this blog.

It's perfect though. Small, but perfect, with a front room, a kitchen and two bedrooms. And a tiny garden, small enough for us to handle but large enough to host a BBQ for two in the summertime. It needs repainting and some small things fixed but other than that, it's perfect. From now on you can look forward to me posting amateur moodboards and furniture that I want but can't afford.

In other news, Steve took me out for lunch to The Fat Gherkin today and the food was really amazing. At some point I think my belt broke and I didn't even notice. I'm assuming belt-damage is a good sign for a lunch place.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! Får hoppas jag kan komma och hälsa på någon gång nästa år! Hade vart superkul att se hur du bodde! :D

    ReplyDelete