Sunday, 25 November 2012

Birthday wishes and Christmas planning

And another weekend has passed, too quickly. (I had a brilliant night out on the Thursday but ended up not doing much the rest of the weekend - it's safe to say that I was exhausted). Today is my brother's birthday, Happy Birthday Johannes! I can't believe you're 19 today. Also I realise that the chance of you ever reading this is not very big at all (because you don't follow my blog. Why don't you follow my blog?!) but if you do; I'm very proud of you. For the person that you are and all the great qualities that you have, like loyalty, honesty and courage. (If I was the sorting hat, I'd put you in the Gryffindor house, I just realised. Just a little bit of nerdy Harry Potter-applied-to-real-life, you're welcome.)

(My brother last Summer when I was visiting Sweden. Dancing, I believe.)

I feel like I'm on a roll here because I spent a large part of the Sunday working on uni projects and then I wrapped another bunch of Christmas presents. There's still a few more to buy, among other's Steve's gift which is the biggest and the worst one. There is a whole list of things that I would like to buy for him - but I do realise that I enjoy giving them more than he does receiving them. To be fair, Christmas presents are about making the other person happy so I'm going to have to prioritise his happiness over my gift-giving urges.

As I said, I was on a roll, so I counter-balanced my rolling (?) by then doing some online shopping. Sunday night split-second decisions were made, uh-oh. I only bought three items, but the third happens to be a pair of shoes that I might not be able to walk in. After years of only buying lower heels or wedges, due to the fact that my sense of balance is non-existing, I decided that I wanted a real pair of dangerously high heels and this decision was made after seeing a pair of budget-friendly, strappy heels with some festive glitter added. Resistance was futile. And I decided that they were worth getting, even if I might have to crawl to the bar when I'm out with them. 

P.S. Can you believe it's almost December?! I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment