Thursday, 22 November 2012

Thankful for having small things to worry about

It's been a bit quiet the last few days. I've been a bit quiet the last few days, and very little blog-reading-or-writing has been done. Just real life catching up, you know. And Steve came home from his trip, which was good. But I haven't left the house in three days and now I have a headache. I know myself well enough to realise that this is not a symptom of illness in me, it's too much staring at a screen and in books (and really, what I was expecting from third year in uni, but still) and lack of fresh air.

So it's a good thing that I'm taking the train to Belfast tonight to stay over at a friend's house, where I'm going to have a few drinks and we're gonna watch another friend play live in the student union. I have a feeling that this is exactly what I need; a break from being responsible/nerdy. I am the worrying type and damn, things have not been going my way lately! I could write a list but it's useless because there's no point in dwelling on things and it's all gonna work out anyway. It's nothing life-threatening. (Did I just reach this conclusion? Clearly I'm like a brand new person nowadays.)

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving all you people from the other side of the ocean. And anyone else as well, of course. (Quite a big chunk of my readers are from the U.S. apparently according to Blogger statistics. How did that happen? Is it because I write most of my posts late at night when anyone in this timezone is sensible enough to be asleep? Are you never the same people visiting here more than once? Am I speaking to myself?) This year I am thankful for Steve always being there for me, for my family who are decidedly the best in the world, for kind strangers who are willing to help me even if they don't know me and for Steve's family for treating me like one of their own. And for shortcake biscuits. Because, you know. It's awesome.

P.S. I am also thankful for having a cancelled class tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment