Friday, 28 December 2012

Cold

The past two days have been filled with hot cups of Lemsip (which is surely the worst thing on this planet), tissues in abundance and lying up on the couch with a blanket over me. In other words, Steve gave me the cold that he got over Christmas. And now I just hope that I'm healthy by the time New Year's Eve comes around. Which is not even a big, favourite holiday of mine, mainly because champagne absolutely destroys me and so I have to sip it really slowly unless I want to end up on the floor. Also, any holiday right after Christmas always feel a little... "meh".

Image from my Pinterest.

Apart from half-sleeping I've also done ridiculously difficult assessment tests for graduate jobs, and I tried out my new espresso coffee maker that I got from Steve. It's amazing but I'm still having trouble making lattes due to not having a clue of what the proper coffee-to-milk ratio is. (Listen to me, talking about lattes. I'm so fancy. If only you knew that I'm wearing sweats and my hair is five days dirty. Yes, five.) The coffee pot itself looks really impressive though, and it's possible that I'm biased because my mom had one just the same for years that she loved. It doesn't matter, I love it anyway. And lots of people are very impressed by it. (Like three people, at least).

For the last few days of 2012 I hope to get rid of this cold, eat every last bit of dessert that's left in the fridge from Christmas and possibly get some quality time spent with Steve since he's off from work. Oh, the hardships of the working man! I'm so happy I get to be a student for another six months.


No comments:

Post a Comment