Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Five days left


Image from my Pinterest.

Last week went by in a flurry of assignments and sudden and spontaneous plans (yes - I think going for an evening coffee is a spontaneous activity, I am that sad). This week marked the first week of being off from university and therefore also my first week of revision for exams and studying for my driving theory. The driving theory is split into two parts, a bunch of multiple choice questions which I feel really confident with and then the hazard perception part. I am terrified of this part since I keep failing the interactive practice test that I got for the purpose of passing the real test. At the moment I'm keeping calm by reminding myself of the fact that the practice test is probably just rubbish and I'm actually really good at it.

Last weekend I visited my friend in Derry and spent most of my time handing out mulled wine at her gig to anyone who's up for some metal and festivities. I also cuddled with the cutest dog in the world, who I took about a million pictures of. (As someone who always considered herself as a cat person, I'm quite surprised by my own attachment to this dog.) And I went to bed at 8am and got up two hours later to go to IKEA with Steve who had been to a work dinner the night before. Safe to say, we stumbled about in IKEA like zombies. Last night I went to Belfast to celebrate a friend's birthday and I had an amazing time. Mainly because we went to Limelight which will probably forever be one of my favourite places ever.

Today we were supposed to get the keys for our new house, but we didn't. Which was a total bummer, but also expected I guess. Considering that things have certainly taken long enough so far in this process, obviously there was still going to be documents missing by the time that we should be living in the place. I can be accused of a lot of things, but being patient is certainly not one of them and this is starting to really annoy me. At the moment it looks like we won't be getting the house until January. It's difficult for me to accept but I'm doing my best. And to look at things from the bright side, it'll be nice to not have to spend my Christmas holidays painting walls and ceilings. (Speaking of Christmas, this is my current Christmas playlist)

No comments:

Post a Comment