Tuesday, 1 January 2013

2012 list


I've seen this list on several famous Swedish blogs (like here, here and here), but I haven't seen an  English translation for it yet. So I did one. Maybe it'll spread!
In 2012, did you do anything that you had never done before?
I visited Derry and made cookies. (What a fascinating life I lead!)
Did any of your friends have children?
Yes, one of my friends from school had a beautiful baby boy!
Did anyone close to you pass away?
Fortunately I didn't lose anyone this year. 
What countries did you visit?
I visited Sweden once. And technically Ireland and Denmark I suppose. Airports, anyway.
Did you miss anything from 2012 that you would like in 2013?
I would like to do some more travelling in 2013, especially with Steve. He hasn't been in Sweden for two years now!
What date from 2012 will you forever remember?
I don't remember particular dates, really. Just moments.
What was your biggest success 2012?
I think towards the end of 2012 I started dealing with my emotions in a much better way. I wasn't as sad etc.
Biggest mistake?
I wish I had been better with money, to spend in moderation.
Best buy?
I bought these black boots that I've worn more than any other pair of shoes, possibly. Such a good buy! (The house is a close second though.)
Did anything make you really happy?
Lots of things made me really happy. Coffee dates with friends and late nights out. Steve always makes me really happy. And Pinterest, and writing these posts works surprisingly well.
What songs will forever remind you of 2012?
I listened to I Don't Want To Get Over You by The Magnetic Fields a lot this summer. The entire album is brilliant, but the sad atmosphere in this song is exactly how I felt when I was jobless during June/July.
Were you more happy or sad than previous years?
I'd like to think that I was happier, especially during the latter half.
What do you wish you had done more of?
I wish I had studied more. So much of my time is spent procrastinating, and I really need to be more motivated.
What do you wish you had done less of?
Stressed about things.
Did you fall in love this year?
I'm in a constant state of in love!
Favourite TV show?
Homeland was excellent, but I finished the second season of Twin Peaks and it rocked my world. Also, I watched all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls, and I still miss it daily. AND DOWNTON ABBEY, my goodness.
Best book you read this year?
I loved reading The Hunger Games, especially the first one. The level of excitement is so rare for books! And The House of Tomorrow and Looking for Alaska (both of which are excellent young adult-reads, in my opinion). I also loved The Blind Assassin, Kafka on the Shore and The Bookthief. 
Biggest musical discovery?
The Magnetic Fields. 
Anything you wished for and got?
I wanted a job and I got it!
Anything you wished for and didn't get?
Nothing in particular.
What did you do on your birthday 2012?
It was my brother's secondary school graduation, so I was in Sweden and spent most of it cleaning, getting ready and serving other people food. It was still a brilliant day.
Anything that would have made your life better?
Seeing my family a little bit more.
What made you feel good?
Steve. All the things I mentioned that make me really happy.
What celebrity did you have the hots for?
No one really.
Who did you miss?
My family and friends in Sweden.
Best new people you met?
I met friends of friends and friends' girlfriends that I'm so very happy to have met.
Biggest pride?
Proud over Steve who received a 1st in his Engineering degree.
Highest wish right now?
For things to speed up with our house so that we can move in already. And so that the exam period is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment