Tuesday, 1 January 2013

New Year's Day shopping

You know that feeling when you wake up and your voice is completely gone, last night's curls are still in and a faint smell of greasy late night pizza surrounds you? That is the exact feeling I woke up with today. Although going out with a cold was probably not the best of ideas, I don't regret it. It's only New Year's Eve once a year and I'm all up for celebrating holidays that I'm told bear some type of significance on my life.


I just bought this shirt and the skirt from Urban Outfitter's online shop. The shirt wasn't even on sale (woops!) but I've seen it pop up in all kinds of places and I finally found a blog post that credited the shirt to Urban Outfitters. There's just no reason not to buy it, really. The skirt was only £15 and I have been looking for a quirky pencil skirt to wear casually for ages. As soon as I had paid for it I started feeling the angst though. Will I ever wear it? What will I wear it with? I'm thinking simple t-shirts. That's as far as I've gotten (truly a bad sign). I probably don't have anything else in my wardrobe that I dare wearing with this skirt. The dotted shirt however, that'll just pay for itself within no time at all. 

What can I say? This is the first year that I've had any money around New Year's Day, I need to make up for lack of shopping in previous years.

1 comment: