Friday, 4 January 2013

Photo tags and pantomime

For once in my life I don't feel like January is sucking all the happiness out of me. I haven't quite figured out why that is yet, but one can hope that I've had a change of personality and that I'm now a positive, glowing person. 

But I doubt it. 



This is basically my week in a nutshell. Yesterday I studied and then I spent about two hours trying to find photo paper so that I could make photo gift tags (just like the ones I raved about in my post dedicated to wrapping presents! Yes, it's true, I have a post about wrapping) and I'm really pleased with how my gift turned out. I just noticed that the gifts that I were inspired by also use brown paper and this makes me seem really non-creative, but I'm going to ignore that for now and be pleased anyway. Not only have I organised among all my home decor stuff, but I've also gathered every single piece of paper that was lying loose and either filed it or thrown it away. One day I'll show you my filing system. It is a thing of beauty. (I don't have a home, but I have a filing system. Prioritisation.) In my spare time I've studied.

Yesterday me and Steve went with his nieces to see a pantomime. I was quite disappointed, to tell you the truth. It wasn't bad, I just wasn't expected that there would be so much.. banter. I suppose I'm the gloomy type who wants to go see a classic children's story and relive my childhood. Even though I've only left childhood properly a few years ago. This is the kind of trait that causes me to suspect that I'm going to become one of those old people that all children hate. Once I realised that the point of a pantomime is to shout and roar, I did start to enjoy it. Also, Steve's nieces are hilarious. 

My dad and my brother have ordered their tickets to come over and visit me by the end of June, so that they don't miss my graduation. I'm looking forward to having them over.

No comments:

Post a Comment