Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Diary of my laziest week so far

Number of confirmatory factor analyses done today: 0
Number of Pretty Little Liars episodes watched today: 3

Pictures from my Instagram.

So last week I had loads of free time for the first time in ages and obviously I planned on writing loads on this blog... But that didn't happen. Obviously. Just like always, as soon as there wasn't a deadline hanging over me, I just stopped being useful. Suddenly it was almost weekend and I thought "I might as well wait until Sunday and then I'll do a little recap over the last few weeks". That didn't happen either. Today when I sat down to properly get back into doing work I suddenly felt the urge to blog. It never fails, my consistent need to postpone important work.

Tuesday was my first proper day off (I had actually decided to be off) and I celebrated by having lunch with a close friend and just eating heinous amounts / catching up in general. It was amazing to feel like a normal person again and to think about something else than phonics. I have no idea what I did on Wednesday and Thursday but judging by the small amount of work I did on my discussion for my thesis it looks like I mainly watched Pretty Little Liars. At this point I had also managed to get a full-blown cold that decided to appear as soon as I had handed in my thesis. (Thank you, my incredibly weak body, for at least postponing the cold until after my deadline was over.)

On Friday I went to Steve's niece's birthday party where I was in charge of painting all the girls' nails and putting (light) makeup on. It was hilarious, I entered the house and the birthday girl had organised a "spa" in her living room, complete with candles, soothing music and girl magazines. I was a little taken aback, because it feels like just recently that I moved over here and she was playing in a jungle gym, but clearly I'm the most old-fashioned 22-year old ever. I can't even keep up with what's cool now. They're not yet teenagers, but also not small children. They're in that "tween" stage where nothing but Little Mix and earrings matter. I tried to play it cool anyway, and brought six different shades of pink nail polish which went down well. There was already a multitude of glitter nail polishes and about a dozen of lip glosses, which was good since I'm fairly low on stock when it comes to those items...

On Saturday I went to a house party at a friend's house and it was a messy night. In a good way. I had a lot of fun and luckily for me, I can only remember good things about Saturday. Unfortunately I had to pay for it on Sunday though, when I spent the entire day in my bed, watching TV shows and feeling like the world had ended. It was exactly the motivation I needed to not feel bad about staying home and studying all weekends of April rather than going out... (Also, that wasted Sunday is the reason why neither me nor Steve left the house to get Easter eggs. It's as if the Easter holiday didn't even happen. Next year I'm getting two eggs, a rabbit and the biggest Easter tree I can find.)

Yesterday was nice and calm. Steve was off and I celebrated by pretending like it was a Sunday, watching TV and having lunch at Steve's parents' house. The evening ended with Game of Thrones, which I could write a paragraph about, but I won't. This post is long enough as it is. There is not words to describe it anyhow. (Mad Men starts in a week's time as well so there's a couple of months of seriously good TV to enjoy.) Other currently good things; I drove on my own for the first time ever on Friday (and only took a wrong turn once), that it looks like we've seen the last of snow for this year and I'm hoping to get curtains this weekend. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment