Thursday, 30 May 2013

Albums for warm summer days

Peace - In Love
Right, forget about the terrible band name and the terrible album name and most definitely terrible combination of band name and album name. Unless it's ironic. If it is it might be genius. This band is so British that my heart aches a little when listening to it and if I was single I'd be in love with every single one of the band members. It's just that kind of music. The songs themselves vary wildly, going from happy indiepop to more raw rock, with some folk-y influences thrown in there too. A couple of the songs feel a bit like Oasis circa 2005 (is that a good thing? When they were most certainly advocates for hippy-ism) for a moment or two before changing completely. My favourites are Higher Than The Sun, Follow Baby and Wraith. This album is so easy to turn up loud in your kitchen while making dinner.

Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city
If you know who Kendrick Lamar is you will already have figured this out - I'm voluntarily listening to a rap album. I know, it's not exactly what you'd expect of me but I can't help it. This album is really enjoyable. Out of the most difficult things in the world, describing an album which belongs to a genre that you in general dislike must be one of the more difficult ones. It's... rap? He swears. In one song there's a gunshot (woah, fire weapons are not cool) and someone shouting. But there's also a soft element to it and many of the songs just have the perfect rhythm. Such beatz. It's the perfect album for when it's so warm and humid outside that lying in the sun becomes half enjoyable, half uncomfortable. I can't describe it in any other way. My favourite song is Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment