Thursday, 23 May 2013

Fixing that face

First and foremost: Happy 21st birthday to my friend Kathryn and good luck on your exam today! She probably won't read this today due to the two previously mentioned events but for anyone who is interested in beauty, do check out her blog that she co-writes with a friend. There's other stuff too, like clothes and recipes. Let's do a makeup-related post today in honour of her.

I'm gonna say it right now before there is a misunderstanding and people think that I actually know what I'm talking about; I do not know anything about beauty or makeup. I just like rambling on about it and plus I discovered something interesting as a follow-up post to this one when I had just bought the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation.


First of all; These photos were taken on Saturday, by the window in my room, hence the bright face. My normal skin tone is normally closer to gray possibly due to coffee-drinking and excessive worrying about everything in this world. Although recently I have gotten a bit of colour (that is not visible in these photos) and it is not because of nice weather (ha!) but rather because I found the dreamiest product ever. It's called Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer with sun protection and it gives a gradual tan. This is definitely not anything to use if you want actual instant tan, I just bought it to make my face a little perkier and it works. I'm certainly not a bronzed goddess but at least I don't look like I'm on my deathbed anymore. I bought it on Amazon a month ago and because it was shipped from the US it only arrived last week. A nice surprise.

Secondly, now that I have a slightly more tanned face I worried that my regular Burjois foundation might be a little bit too fair for me (who am I kidding, I will never ever be too tanned for the lightest shade). And after reading this post on mixing foundations I decided to mix my far too orange Revlon Nearly Naked with my highlighter. It's from Mememe and it's very pearly and pink. Turns out that this is exactly what my face needed and I now have a decent base for the summer. Just in time for the penultimate season of being broke and not affording new makeup!

Final thoughts: I have clearly underrated this Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop. So for me it's a little bit out there as I'm about as adventurous as a turtle, but definitely a welcome change from the Wild Watermelon shade which I have been wearing constantly the last few weeks. Also, what is going on with my hair? Why is there never a single picture of me where my hair is straightened/curled and looks nice? I just keep writing massive posts and right before I publish it I realise that in my carefully selected photos I look like I just encountered a tornado. Apologies for posting so many links as well but I just wanted to share with you that reading beauty blogs finally ended up in me saving money (or at least not regret the money I spent on that foundation) rather than spending it.

No comments:

Post a Comment