Sunday, 26 May 2013

The last week of university

Images from my Instagram.

It hasn't quite sunk in yet, that the university phase of my life is over and that this is not just a summer break before I go on to another year of studying. I guess technically I won't stop being a student until I graduate (or at least find out if I passed all my last year modules. If I don't pass them I can't graduate. That would be a bit anticlimactic.) Because I had my exam on the Saturday I spent most of this week revising because even I realise that for the last exam ever it is proper to put some effort in. Plus this exam was the "general exam". Is there anything more horrendous? An exam without a topic - it's just "general"?! As you may have noticed I also managed to blog a couple of times because getting loads of blogging inspiration when you really don't have time for it is right up my street. (You can bet I won't post as often now that I have nothing else to do.)

Apart from revising I also carried out my first week of running. I follow a running schedule and I know it works because I did the exact same schedule in 2011. Unfortunately after completing the schedule I then moved to Belfast and there is just something slightly off-putting about running when there's loads of students around. Or maybe there isn't for normal people but I'm really self-conscious when I go out running. (Rightfully so, I look like a maniac when running, flailing arms and all.) Running became such a chore in the city. At the moment I have all the time in the world so I can run weekday mornings when there's less people around and that is exactly how I want it. I've completed the first three runs this week and tomorrow I'm moving on to week 2. My goal is to become a health freak. Or at least semi-healthy. Anything healthier than this, really.

I haven't done much else this week. As soon as I came home from my exam yesterday I cleaned the entire house because it looked awful. Obviously all my cleaning is undone within a couple of hours because I live with Steve who is unable to comprehend the benefits of washing up after oneself. That's okay, the house is still in better shape than before. I wasn't going to go out because we are so low on money but later in the evening (at which point I had celebrated the end of my exams on my own with wine) a couple of friends picked me up and then we visited another friend. It was nice to get out because I do feel a little ambivalent about finishing university. I'm a typical school-lover and although I was soooo exhausted by essays and thesis and exams by the end of it.... You know. Let's be honest here. It's nice to have lie-ins and to receive a student loan for doing very little (in comparison to actual work). Goodbye student-life.

No comments:

Post a Comment