Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Recent beauty and skincare purchases

I can't believe that June is almost over. Where did that first month of summer go? As it was my birthday I got a bunch of stuff but I also received some birthday spending money and some of that went towards birthday purchases, mainly revolving around beauty and skincare. Which I have decided to show to you. This is kind of scary as it seems very beauty blogger-ish which is not what I am (and also because I don't know what I'm talking about). Let's just pretend it's like any "here's what I've bought recently and this is what I think of it" post.


Firstly, I have to apologise. I didn't want to take these products out of the bathroom as I've been using them in the shower and it just seemed unhygienic. Hence the bad bathroom photo. The Body Shop had an offer online in which if you spent £30 or more you'd get £15 off. Naturally I spent exactly £30 to be able to use the offer. Because I'm so cheap sometimes. Anyway, I bought the Brasil Nut Body Butter and it is beyond words. The nutty scent is amazing, it sinks into the skin so quickly and it makes the skin so smooth. I can see the obsession with body butters now. I also bought the Cocoa Butter Creamy Body Wash. This is very thick and creamy. Maybe a bit more than I expected. As an addition to my regular foot baths (which is the best thing ever) I got the Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue. It's nice to have a separate, richer moisturiser for my feet although I have to say that it's not performing any foot-related miracles so far. Maybe my feet are beyond rescue. Lastly I bought a nail block and although it can be purchased fairly cheap from most places, this one is definitely very good. I'm pleased with all items and I'd recommend signing up to the Body Shop newsletter as they constantly have offers like this on.


On my actual birthday, in between guests arriving, I somehow managed to place an order on escentual.com. (How keen am I?!) I was so close to running out of toner and moisturiser and I had been planning my purchase for weeks. As I have very dehydrated skin that is a little bit on the sensitive side, I decided to go for the Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk. This is very hydrating, leaves the skin soft and smooth and smells amazing. However, it is not very efficient when it comes to removing face makeup which means that days when I've been wearing foundation I've had to do a double cleanse together with my old cleanser. This is probably something I should do anyway so it doesn't bother me too much. Because I like to buy things in sets I then bought the Caudalie Moisturising Toner. I find it difficult to know whether a toner works or not, but it certainly hasn't made my skin any worse than my old toner (from Clarins). And it also smells amazing. Lastly, I bought the Clarins Daily Energizers Cream and this is my new favourite moisturiser ever. It's just so easy to apply, the fragrance (which smells a bit like oranges?) is so good and it's the first moisturiser that actually felt like it made quite a difference to my face. The price is also fairly good considering that it's not a budget product. The prices on escentual.com were great, but the items did arrive the day after my order confirmation said they would. 


Finally, I made a small purchase in Superdrug when I was in Belfast with my friends, Kathryn and Beth. Totally taking advantage of Rimmel's 3 for 2 offer, I bought two nail polishes from the Rimmel Salon Pro range and a lipstick. The two nail polishes are in the shade Hip Hop and Peppermint. The formula is great, applies easily and dries quickly. I chip every single nail polish I wear almost immediately and this lasted about three days on me which is pretty good! The colour Hip Hop wooed me the most, it's a very happy and flattering red. A perfect summery red (which I've always thought was a colour for the winter-months). In fact, I've worn it for a week and I think I'll wear it for another week... Like the Hip Hop nail polish, the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick is also from the Kate Moss range and I chose shade 05, which is a darker, rose pink. (I have no idea if that makes any sense at all). It's very flattering on and it doesn't dry my lips out which is a minor miracle. I'd recommend all of this. Rimmel is definitely one of my favourite drugstore brands.

P.S. In two days my family will be visiting me and Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment