Tuesday, 30 July 2013

July favourites

My third monthly favourites presented unto you here. (If you want to read the previous ones, click here.) I know that this is a little premature considering that we have another full day of July left before August but I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and assume that I'm not gonna discover a completely new life-altering (or blog-altering) thing until then.

favourite on tv/movie: I watched Silver Linings Playbook and I loved it. I loved it so much. It's just a movie about two dysfunctional individuals who meet and make a deal. A movie which is funny and kind of tragic at the same time. My heart was all fuzzy afterwards. TV in the summer is always a bit slow. The season finale of Mad Men was okay however Revolution (which has some pretty terrible flaws e.g. mediocre acting, character development and dialogue) suddenly got really exciting and now I just want it to be 2014 so I can watch the second season.

(Image from here. I tried getting my own screenshot but wouldn't work for some reason.)

favourite purchase: This has got to be my swimsuit and bikini. Hoping this bikini stays on at all times (I've got bad experiences with bikinis).

favourite music: I must be the only one in the world who discover albums first four years after they were released. Maybe I'm just retro a decade ahead of everyone else. A sucker for 2009. Anyway, lately I've become obsessed with Metric - Fantasies. It's electronic pop music with some really dreamy tunes. Perfect for running, incidentally.

favourite food: My graduation meal, hands down. I had duck confit and it was amazing. If you're ever in Northern Ireland and want to have a really really nice meal, you should go to Clenaghans.

favourite drink: No favourite drinks this month. I haven't ventured outside of regular coffees apart from my Mocha Cookie Crumble from Starbucks the other day and it was distinctly average.

favourite beauty item: I spent most of the month assuming that this would be my Dior BB Cream but shockingly, it's Boots All Bright Hydrating Night Cream (?!!). This ridiculously unassuming cream retailing for £3.49 has made such a huge difference to my face. Redness is minimised and I haven't had a single episode of skin flaking which is usually inevitable for me. (Don't get me wrong. The BB cream is amazing. But for a £30 price tag it better be.)


favourite blog: I started reading the xameliax blog just two days ago and it is just so nice. A little bit of beauty and other stuff.

favourite event: My graduation was obviously pretty awesome but somehow the graduation meal is what stands out the most from the entire day? I'm gonna say that it's because I obviously have such a brilliant family and substitute family (aka Steve's family) that dinner with them tops everything. Plus duck confit. Aaaaah.

No comments:

Post a Comment