Tuesday, 17 September 2013

10 reasons to smile 17.0

Home on a Tuesday which started with me wrestling with the fire alarm for 90 minutes this morning ---> Happy post necessary, obviously!

Image from here.

one - I found peanut butter ice cream in the freezer, which I am now eating. Straight from the tub. Steve will never know so there's no point in being classy here (is there ever?)

two - Have you heard Arctic Monkey's new album AM? If not I'm going to do you a massive favour and point you towards the Monkey direction because this album is amazing. Spotify-link. Such a good sound that will make any hip sway. 

three - Speaking of music, I'm still loving More September over on Radio 1. Around noon every day I have to listen to radio. My favourite part is the covers that the bands do rather than when they play their own music (what can I say, I am a sucker for indie bands singing Rihanna songs). Favourites so far include Bastille covering Miley Cyrus' We Can't Stop, Imagine Dragons - Not Giving In (originally by Rudimental) and Arctic Monkeys - Hold On, We're Going Home (by Drake originally). 

four - On Thursday I'm seeing friends and I need social contact.

five - Me and Steve started doing the insanity workouts two weeks ago and there's definitely some serious results showing up here. Not so much from an aesthetic aspect but I can do a lot more jumping jacks a lot faster now. Tonight we'll be doing the Fitness Test for the first time since we started and I cannot wait to compare my fitness level. In general, I'm really liking exercise lately (clearly I am not the same person I used to be.)

six - It's 99 days left until Christmas. (We're down into double digits people!) I've even decorated a little jar in which I put £1 in every day until Christmas. The aim is that I should have saved up £100 around Christmas time and then I don't have to worry about not being able to afford fancy Christmas biscuits and such when that time rolls around. 

seven - And it's September. Do I need to say more? Fall/Autumn. I'm a blogger cliche, complete with scarves and hot drinks in my iPhone selfies.

eight - I've been thinking a lot about my home lately. Obviously in an ideal world I'd be able to go out and buy lots of stuff that I want. That's not going to happen anytime soon, so instead I've been shopping around in my home instead. On Sunday I went out and picked pinecones that I have now painted gold with nail polish and put in a vase. I'm also planning on getting a few things up on the walls. It only took me 7 months of living here (I'm speedy like that). 

nine - Downton Abbey starts on Sunday. Everyone, lets get ready to never make any plans for Sundays, ever.

ten - September seems to be a baking month. I made (horrific) lemon muffins the first week, cookies the second week and this week I'm making a baked cheesecake. Get ready for some more food Instagrammin'.

Woah. I feel better. (Last year's September happiness post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment