Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Random thoughts

1. I have a list of things to do before Christmas Day. This working full-time thingy is proving to be really time consuming. So from Friday until Monday evening I have to a) post the rest of the Christmas cards, b) bake four types of sweets/cookies (I just may force Steve to do half of this baking because there is only so much flour-based fun I can take in one day), c) buy the last few Christmas gifts, d) buy groceries for Christmas, e) wrap the last Christmas gifts and f) get a haircut so that I don't look like a Muppet in all Christmas photos. (And so that I don't have to wait until 2014 to get it cut. A two week delayed hair cut is lethal when you have short hair.)

All images from my Pinterest. Not Instagram prints but inspiring nonetheless.

2. I've planning to do that fancy order-instagram-prints-online thing for ages. And then stuff happens. (Why does stuff always happen?) First, I didn't have enough Instagram pictures because I only got a smartphone last year. Half a century after everyone else. Then I had no money. When I did have money, I couldn't find a good website for printing them. And now I'm back to having no money. But my plan is that I would like a fairly decent-sized frame with a bunch of tiny Instagram photos in it. My next issue is that I have very few pictures from the start and the end of 2013 because it's too damn dark. I've been drooling over all my summer photos tonight. Such happy, bright photos. (Which is ironic because the summer is when I'm at my absolute worst. Personality-wise.)

3. This was a really random post. I don't know what happened but I had a cup of coffee tonight for the first time in four days and it really got to me. Suddenly I felt the urge to write a little blog post and then this mess happened. I believe it's time for me to get into bed and watch an episode of Lost. (One last twelve hour shift tomorrow before I never have to do twelve hour shifts again - I think! At least not in this line of work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment