Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Week 48 - first of advent












All images from my Instagram.

Here I am, the world's worst blogger. I'm not entirely sure what's happened to me, I used to be unbelievably organised (even I would admit to being weird) when it came to my very unknown blog. Planning out posts and posting a little bit about my life every single week. Even the weeks during the summer when I was unemployed and I did absolutely nothing. Actually, I do know what has happened. I started working twelve-hour shifts every single Sunday. And obviously I spend the Mondays recovering. Luckily for my sanity and for the sake of my eager readers (ha) I only have another three Sundays to go before this part of my life is over.

I'm not going to get a baby or buy a horse or anything drastic, but my career (ha, again) has changed direction. In a good way.

Last week I came home from Sweden and I'm not gonna lie. It's tough to go on a trip that lasts for basically no time at all. So to cheer myself up I had decided to decorate my house before the big weekend of work-weariness. This all went to plan until I brought our (fake) tree down from the attic. I bought it last year and ended up never using it as we didn't get our keys before Christmas as we originally planned. So to say that I was excited to get it up is an understatement. Unfortunately it is difficult to assemble a tree which has half a tree stand, no bottom part, one middle part and three tree tops. That tree had to deal with some serious verbal abuse from me that night. (I take these things very seriously.) Luckily Steve's mom has a shopping issue when it comes to Christmas trees and so there is about a million spare ones in her garage of which I chose one.

The tree is now decorated and it looks wonderfully whimsy. There are a lot of hearts, stars, a couple of robots and one gingerbread man. But only four baubles? I don't really know how that happened but I've decided to love the tree-situation anyway. Once the house was decorated I went off to cram in 30 hours of work in one weekend. It went well as I managed to go to work as well as squeezing in a (sober) birthday party on the Saturday. You can see now why I was basically in a coma once Monday happened. Work and a tree-catastrophe in one week is all just too much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment