Tuesday, 7 January 2014

2013 list

I wrote this list last year and it was such great fun that I decided to do it again. 
In 2013, did you do anything that you had never done before?
I visited Malta for the first time.


Did any of your friends have children?
Not as far as I'm aware.
Did anyone close to you pass away?
Yes, my beautiful granny. 
What countries did you visit?
I visited France, Malta and Sweden!
Did you miss anything from 2013 that you would like in 2014?
MONEY. 
What date from 2013 will you forever remember?
3/7, mainly because it was the day I graduated and I was flippin' terrified of getting up on that stage.

What was your biggest success 2013?
I took my driver's license and I somehow got a 1st in my course too.
Biggest mistake?
I can't think of any mistakes worth mentioning. (If that isn't a good sign I don't know what is.)
Best buy?
The £3 moisturiser from Boots was a pretty sweet deal. I also love my gray Zara coat which I hunted for halfway through Europe (literally).


Did anything make you really happy?
Many things did. Moving into our first house with Steve just put my general state of happiness on a completely new level. 
What songs will forever remind you of 2013?
Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools, Daft Punk - Get Lucky, Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know, Half Moon Run - She Wants To Know and M83 - Midnight City are just a handful.
Were you more happy or sad than previous years?
Definitely more happy. I feel like maybe I finally know myself.
What do you wish you had done more of?
I wish that I had read a bit more as I only read 12 books during the entire year. (I shall remedy that, I have already read several books and we're only a week into January.)
What do you wish you had done less of?
Spending money that I do not have enough of?
Did you fall in love this year?
I'm already in love, woohoo.
Favourite TV show?
Downton Abbey just keeps on kicking it out of the park, I was surprised (in a good way) by Revolution and I also now harbour a newfound love for Captain Picard after watching Star Trek: TNG... (I also loved watching the entire Lost series within two months - but it went seriously downhill after season 4.)
Best book you read this year?
I loved May We Be Forgiven that I read on holiday, finally finishing IQ84 and Where'd You Go Bernadette. I tried to read both The Hobbit and the first book in the Game of Thrones series but I haven't gotten particularly far in either...


Biggest musical discovery?
Lana Del Rey. It took me by surprise as well. 
Anything you wished for and got?
A Nespresso coffee machine! It's like I'm a rich person, but without the money.
Anything you wished for and didn't get?
A well-paid job. Technically, that cannot happen until 2017 now. (What have I done?!)
What did you do on your birthday 2013?
I got my nails painted and then I went to a club with my friends. Partying like it's 1999.
Anything that would have made your life better?
A car maybe, and some stable income.
What made you feel good?
My friends and family. D'awww. 
What celebrity did you have the hots for?
I just don't think of that stuff.
Who did you miss?
A bunch of Swedes.
Best new people you met?
I met some great colleagues and also I'm so happy to have finally met my brother's lovely girlfriend.
Biggest pride?
My academic achievements blah blah.
Highest wish right now?
That January passes quickly because I have such great things to look forward to in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment