Thursday, 2 January 2014

January goals

Image from my Pinterest.

I hate January with a passion. It's cold and dark, just like the four previous months but without Christmas to look forward to. Luckily I have important things starting that will hopefully (most definitely) keep me busy. Rather than spending the rest of the time moping because I don't like this time of the year, I decided to make four January goals (distinct from annual goals - very important because I don't like them) to hold on to:

1. Get back into fitness - I got sick, then I got better for four days and then I got sick again. I managed to exercise once during those four weeks. So my goal is to exercise three days a week in January. (It's not quite the six days a week that I did during September and October but still...)

2. Halve our usual food expenses during January - We've got a lot of money saving to do seeing as this is a six week month and both of us got paid for three weeks. Luckily student life has prepared me for this.

3. Operation 'take care of myself' - This is definitely the most shallow step of them all but it involves a lot of moisturising, body scrubs and long baths. Just a lot of showering myself in love (by myself).

4. Regular posting on this blog - I've had this blog for nearly two years now and it is surprisingly therapeutic to sit down and write about random things. Although possibly one of the most self-centred hobbies known to mankind, it is also surprisingly fun to read back and to know exactly what you did a year ago.

So exercising, budgeting, moisturising and blogging will keep me busy in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment