Sunday, 23 March 2014

Week 12 - coffee and flowers












A lot of pictures of my flowers and my coffee there. It basically sums up my week, most weeks. I was off on the Monday and how come Mondays off are like the Sunday we always wish we had? I went for lunch with a friend (and did not eat a salad because the food there is way too good) and then we went to Tesco and did a little grocery shopping. I love casual grocery shopping so much, the kind where you pick out a few things that you don't necessarily need but you just feel like buying them. Like tulips. I love my tulips. On Tuesday I was in the office and it was busy, in particular because I suddenly remembered that I needed to hand in an important document which I had saved on my computer in the PhD office. I had to leave early and it cost me a £7 taxi. Lovely stuff. The other days were busy but I worked from home one of the days and it helps if you're feeling a bit run-down. (Suddenly you don't have to get up at 6.15 and you can save time by eating breakfast during your work hours. Bliss.)

On Friday I got home late, changed into my comfiest and ugliest clothes before going to my boyfriend's sister's house to babysit cute children. They were asleep most of the time and we watched Man of Steel. I don't particularly recommend it because in my opinion the flawless Superman is the least interesting superhero of all time. If Lois Lane accused him of leaving dirty laundry on the bedroom floor Superman would feel morally obliged to throw himself in front of a bus. The day after I did some exercise (hulking up), we went to the shopping center to get a birthday gift for my friend and then I spent the rest of the day doing the kind of things that I do on a Saturday afternoon. Painting my nails etc. We went out in the evening to celebrate two birthdays and it was good. However this being the second weekend in a row that we've been out, I just need to take it easy next week. As the seriously uncool granny that I am I just can't deal with the hangovers and the fact that such a huge chunk of the weekend disappears. Today I did some cleaning that I didn't have time for yesterday and we went to Steve's parents for Sunday roast dinner. And it was warm enough that I didn't have to wear a jacket outside. I couldn't really ask for more on a day like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment