Tuesday, 1 April 2014

March favourites

favourite on tv/movie: True Detective has aired on Saturday nights the past month. There is no doubt about it having some serious flaws (Rust - what are you talking about? Is this meant to be some type of profound philosophical insight? Because it's sounds like crap) but it's also so very moody, dark and creepy. It's like Twin Peaks without the over-dramatic soap opera parody-style. 

Matthew McConaughey in True Detective from my Pinterest.

favourite purchase: I may have bought a pair of leather trousers and I may love them.

favourite book: As per usual I liked all the books that I read this month but at the start of the month I finished Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. Such a weird but great concept.

favourite music: I don't know what has happened to me but my latest obsession is Kid Cudi. Yeah, you heard me. Rap/RnB. I've been listening to his three latest albums and they're so good. Don't be surprised if you hear me humming "mojo so dope" because it's my new favourite song.

favourite food: I learnt how to make pork chops and we are now loving pork chops over here. Plus this month marked the start of healthy eating so I've gained a new appreciation for Sainsbury's red grapes.

favourite drink: Just enjoying my regular coffee pods. (I'm thinking about making a little coffee/tea station so that I can pretend that I'm one of the A Beautiful Mess ladies.

favourite beauty item: (Let's just put this out here: The Nars Creamy Concealer will probably forever be the favourite, so I'm going to stop mentioning it.) I bought the Revlon Matte Balm in Elusive and I love how cool I feel when I wear this matte, pink lip. Girly but cool. It's all I've ever wanted. 

favourite blog: Zipped, written by Chelsea Lane, is my new favourite fashion blog. I have read through all her posts going back a year. And that is with very little time on my hands. 

favourite event: Personally, I loved the birthday celebrations I attended a few weeks ago and work-wise I attended a symposium last week which just left me feeling so inspired and ready for more work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment