Tuesday, 6 May 2014

April favourites

Ugh, so this is late. I'm just very busy... Hrm.

Image from my Pinterest. I've been kind of obsessed with Gwen Stacy lately.

favourite on tv/movie: Game of Thrones is back people. No need to make plans on Monday nights, ever. Or at least until season 4 is over. And it's just getting better and better.

favourite purchase: I've bought so many clothes that I absolutely love this month. From Topshop I got a pink shift dress (which I haven't worn yet) and a silky coral top that I am obsessed with. It was meant for work but I've just ended up wearing it out at least once a week.

favourite book: I decided to re-read one of my favourite books ever, Number9Dream and it is just so amazingly good. (By David Mitchell, my absolute favourite author.)

favourite music: I've felt very pop-y this month. It must be because spring is rapidly approaching. In my little "April 2014" playlist (yes, I have one) my favourites are Foster the People. Just because their songs cheer me up.

favourite food: This month I finally tried making red velvet cake and the first recipe I tried was beyond words, if I say so myself. However I'm crap at making buttercream frosting. Something to master in May.

favourite drink: I'm starting to seriously question the importance of this category. (But I did buy chocolate truffle coffee a while back. Minus adult points.)

favourite beauty item: I have been on a mission to get the glowiest skin on this side of the Atlantic. Now, I'm not entirely sure whether I'm achieving "glowy" or just the not-quite-as-good "shiny", but I'm really liking the No7 Instant Radiance highlighter that I mentioned in this post.

favourite blog: A Little Opulent is not strictly speaking a blog but rather an online magazine. (I'm not sure if there is a major difference.) It includes posts on makeup, fashion, food, organisation... Everything I love, in other words.

favourite event: Towards the very end of the month me and Steve went to Portrush to hang out with friends over the weekend and I really like that type of mini-holiday. Two days away from reality but with no pressure to spend lots of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment