Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Blog love

I stole this list from Veevley, because I thought it would be interesting for myself and maybe for others who like blogs. I read a lot of blogs and I've been reading blogs for about 8 years now so although I'm not part of some kind of blogging community (I'm just too scared to comment on anyone else's blogs) I feel like I am an amateur blogger.


Screenshots of my Bloglovin, which happens to show two favourites: Essie Button and A Beautiful Mess.

What was the first blog you ever came across?
I can't remember but my favourite blogs back in the days were all very small and I can't find any of them anymore. A few that I have been reading for a long time are Milk/Signe and NioTillFem.

Favourite beauty blog reads?
My absolute favourite beauty blog is Essie Button. I'm just a tad obsessed with her.

Name a blog that enables your purchases.
Here's the thing. All blogs seem to be enablers to me. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I can't afford much of it. For makeup, Gemsmaquillage seem to know exactly how to make me buy any lip product that she shows. 

5 blogs everyone should be reading:
I'd rather not repeat myself, so excluding the ones I have already mentioned:
Vivianna Does Makeup, for being the expert in all things beauty.
Hello October, for a blog that seems to only include beautiful makeup, outfits and faces.
Vivatramp, for spot on book reviews and recommendations.
Maiedae, for cheerful snippets from her life, amazing house and now cute baby too.
Hey Natalie Jean, for writing such heartfelt blog posts + all the NYC pictures.

Your favourite way to read blogs.
Through Bloglovin (although it took me a long time to convert from Blogger, and before that, bookmarks! Crazy times.)

Bloggers that inspire you.
Tant Johanna, who posts pictures of interior decor that makes me swoon. Swooooon.

Favourite blog design/look.
ALO has such a sleek and contemporary design which makes the lovely illustrations even better.

What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Documenting everything that's going on. Being able to read back at what I wrote what I was 16 is hilarious and I hope that I'll be able to say the same when I read this in eight years. (Not likely, humour has gone downhill around here.)

Name a blogger you would like to see write a book in the future.
A Beautiful Mess have written several. What I'm trying to say here is that I need to own them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment