Sunday, 20 July 2014

Week 28 & 29 - being ill

Have I mentioned that I was sick last week? (About a million times, okay.) Either way, it meant that I never uploaded a weekly update because I was busy lying on my couch and asking for water with a weak and trembling voice.
































I can't even remember what I did the week before last. I was off on Monday due to the Dublin trip, and then I worked 9-5 as per usual. On Friday me and Steve went out for food and ran a whole bunch of errands which mainly consisted of walking from store to store, trying to find fancy wedding shoes that fit Steve's giant boat-feet and in the evening we met up with friends. On Saturday I cleared out my wardrobe in a nothing short of spectacular way and prepared for the most amazing Sunday roadtrip to the sea-plans ever... which never happened. Sickness hit me night between Saturday and Sunday. On Monday I went to a wedding! I looked fairly average, didn't eat a thing and just nodded and smiled at everyone who tried to speak to me. (But I pulled through which is surely a good thing?) And the wedding was gorgeous.

I spent all Tuesday and Wednesday in bed before I was ready to go back to work. (More motivated than ever, obviously!) Yesterday morning me and Steve ran a couple of errands which basically consisted of buying huge amounts of meat for wholesale prices. Our freezer is a meat lover's dream. We also managed to squeeze in a lunch at McCartney's because I love McCartney's and I had a bagel with salmon and cream cheese. Good times. Quite spontaneously we decided to go out in the evening with some friends, hence why I'm now feeling quite tired. (But definitely worth it.) I still managed to make a lemon drizzle cake using this recipe and I am about to have my second slice now. There is a little bit of work that needs to be done to make up for my sick days earlier this week and I feel that lemon drizzle cake will make Sunday working slightly less dreadful.

No comments:

Post a Comment