Sunday, 10 August 2014

Week 32 - important life lessons

All my images are from my Instagram.

This was my last week at work before my summer holidays! A whole week of just lying about and doing nothing... And then work starts again. Remind me of this one (hopefully) sweet week the next time I complain about being tired from working too much. Apart from working I went out for food and cinema with my fellow PhD students on Wednesday. We saw Boyhood and I loved it! I have a thing for long movies with a story in which very little actually happens. Plus it was a coming-of-age story. Plus I really like Patricia Arquette. Plus there was some good, underrated music from the noughties (why does no one like the noughties?) Last night me and Steve went to our friends' house for dinner and then we decided to watch a classic movie; The Breakfast Club - another coming-of-age story with excellent music in which very little happens. Also with some seriously dodgy life lessons.

You may remember that I complained about my neck last Sunday. It is much better although it's still sore, especially when I'm trying to get to sleep or when I've been sitting in the same position too long. I went out running once but I ended up cutting my run short after my neck started aching. Obviously, not doing exercise means that I go straight for the sugar to cheer myself up. It's not a great reaction, I'll admit. In completely unrelated news, on Friday night I was waiting my cheesecake to finish and I decided to dye my hair brown. Because, why not? And I did and it turned out way too dark. And kind of uneven. I ended up going to my hairdresser the next day to get it lightened slightly and get some highlights put in. It still looks quite strange but it is a lot better then it was. What have I learnt? Don't make important decisions re your hair late on Friday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment