Tuesday, 2 September 2014

August favourites

Welcome September! (I love this time of the year so much.)























Image from my Pinterest, via Augusta Jeorgia.

favourite on tv/movie: I went to see Boyhood in the cinema with a couple of friends and it was a great movie.

favourite purchase: I finally bought a little chair for my living room! I am so pleased with it, it's the perfect size and just makes the room slightly more interesting. Towards the end of the month I also bought shelves but as I'm typing they have yet to be assembled.

favourite book: I managed to squeeze in quite a few books during the month of August, about seven of them in fact. Although The Bell Jar (review coming soon) and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time were both strong contenders, I especially loved We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves. My type of book, down to a T.

favourite music: I have really enjoyed Phantogram's electro-pop music (especially Black Out Days and Fall In Love) and as a polar opposite, Real Estate which is a dreamy indie-band. Special mentions go to Talking Backwards and Crime.

favourite food: We have been eating out quite a lot lately! I'm not entirely sure when it happened (possibly right after my hair disaster) but one of the days me and Steve went out for breakfast at one of our favourite places and I had pancakes with blueberry jam. Quite possibly the best pancakes and the best blueberry jam I have ever, ever tried.

favourite beauty item: The first day of August I bought the Stila eyeliner and I haven't looked back yet. This eyeliner is so easy to use and has the perfect black shade. So as you might already have guessed, I have been wearing the exact same eyeliner look all month...

favourite blog: As we're approaching autumn I have rediscovered my obsession with Augusta Jeorgia and her tumblr. So. Much. Fall.

favourite event: I loved being off for a week and being able to do weekend-type of things with Steve everyday. I had a great weekend where we went to a wedding in Enniskillen and then we went up to the north coast the day after. It was a good few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment