Sunday, 12 October 2014

Week 41 - working and baking



















All images are from my Instagram.

It's 5pm and I just closed my notebooks and decided to stop working for the day. On a Sunday. I continuously ask myself where this motivation comes from and how far will I fool myself into keeping up with this PhD malarky before I realise that I am far too lazy? It's an exciting experiment in itself. The two pictures above certainly say everything about what my weekend has looked like; baking American style cinnamon buns and doing work from home. (But I was also out yesterday to run errands/have lunch with Steve and today we went shopping for a long-sleeved running top and high-vis vest for me and copious amounts of Vanilla Coke for him. Can you see a pattern here?)

Speaking of buying workout gear, I have only done two workouts this week. At the start of the week I had the best intentions and my first two workouts were done by Wednesday - and then it dropped. I spent Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning doing everything to convince my body to stay in bed and unfortunately I'm very persuasive on that matter. I'm hoping the allure of a high-vis vest will get me out and running tomorrow morning because surely the prospect of not facing near death while running on country roads is all that it takes to get motivated again? It remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment